Cloud Security Alliance
One of my outside projects is working with the Cloud Security Alliance Top Threats Working Group. We are a group of security analysts, devops, and software development folks who research and write publications about security threats to cloud computing infrastructures. Our most recent publication was The Treacherous Twelve, Cloud Computing Top Threats in 2016. I wrote the sections on system vulnerabilities and advanced persistent threats.
Trend Micro Security Intelligence
Security Intelligence is Trend Micro’s technical blogging site that offers breaking news and reports on security threats and technology.
- Improving Hadoop Security with Host Intrusion Detection (Part 2)
- Improving Hadoop Security with Host Intrusion Detection (Part 1)
Trend Micro Simply Security
Simply Security is a Trend Micro’s blogging site for consumers. Here is a selection of articles I have written for this forum,
- Celebrity Exposures in the Cloud
- badBIOS – Sometimes “Bad” is Really Bad
- Protecting Yourself Against Identity Theft on the Internet
- Controlling Your Childrens’ Internet Access is Good Parenting – Don’t be Embarrassed
- Teens Still Like Facebook, But…
- Where Are Your Sensitive Data Files Right Now?
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and Patient Privacy
- Careful With Those Email Clicks
- Checking Identities in Social Networking Friend Requests
- To Jailbreak or Not Jailbreak, That is the Question
- What Are Zero-Day Exploits?
- What Are Man-In-The-Middle Attacks and How Can I Protect Myself From Them?
- What Are Computer Worms and How Can I Protect Myself From Them?
- Comcast Phishing Email is Going Around
- Original iPad Doesn’t Support iOS 6, What it Means for Consumers
- Parents Don’t Let Your Teenagers Jailbreak Their iPhones
- Dealing With Phishy Messages
- Watch Out For This Twitter Phishing Scam
- Hacker, Hacktivist or Cybercriminal?
- Pinterest is Fun, But There are Privacy Risks
- Which Type of Mobile Device is More Secure – iOS or Android?
- Teaching Our Kids To Be Good Digital Citizens
- 5 Tips to Help Your Kids Avoid Distractions on the Internet
- Managing Your Google+ Privacy Settings
- 10 Social Networking Tips for Parents